Brynlee Kaye came into this world on a special day to Randy and I. It was our 30th wedding anniversary. I took Kadee over to Utah Valley Hospital the night before. She was having horrible back pains that kept getting worse. We went with the anticipation that they would check her and send her home. Only after 10 minutes on the monitor, the nurse came in and said that Dr. Nance didn't like what he was seeing with the baby's heartbeat and was going to admit her. WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A BABY!! Indications from the monitor was showing either the cord was being pinched off or it was wrapped around her neck. Within a half an hour Dr. Nance came in and broke her water, started the pitocin and gave her the epidural. If after an hour she didnt begin to dialate, then we would be looking at an emergency c-section. (She was only dialted a 1+ and 80% effaced.) It was 10:00 pm. At 11:00 she was a 2, baby was still showing some trouble. Midnight she was a 3 and it is now our 30th anniversary. I was pretty excited to be getting the best gift ever. Baby was starting to show better signs and things were looking good. At 2:00 am the nurse checked Kadee and said she was a 4. I was getting tired and decided that it was time to get some much needed sleep as it was going soooo slow!! At 2:30 Kadee said her contrations seemed to be right on top of each other. 10 minutes later the nurse came in, checked her and said she was COMPLETE! Holy cow...in just 45 minutes she went from a 4 to a 10! Dr. Nance came in, got everything in "position" and with one push her head was out. With the next push her head came out and Dr. Nance told Kadee to stop pushing, and he said...."oh dear, here is our problem". The cord was wrapped tightly around her neck. He told Blake that he would not be able to cut the cord this time. Dr. Nance could hardly get his finger between the cord and the baby's neck to cut it because it was so so tight. Once the cord was cut, out she came! She was so tiny and petite. This experience is the best thing one can witness and I am grateful to my daughters for letting me be a part of a very sacred moment. It truly is a miracle. Dr. Nance said that if Kadee did not come in that night, the outcome would not have been a good one. I absolutely love Dr. Nance. He delivered Kadee and Jade, and 5 of my 6 grandbabies!!
So....the stats of this beautiful little girl
So....the stats of this beautiful little girl
NAME: Brynlee Kaye Ellsworth
Born: August 19, 2010
Weight: 6 pounds 12 inches
Length: 19 inches long
SHE IS PERFECT
Length: 19 inches long
SHE IS PERFECT
Kadee's best friend since the age of 2 Taysia Kaye, this is who Brynlee's middle name is after
Hi Uncle Jade

4 comments:
Scary delivery! But what a cutie! Congrats Gramma Jo!!!
Precious little babe! I am so glad everything turned out well. Congratulations!
She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I didnt really have a newborn, Kason came out walking!!! So I am alittle envious of this LITTLE girl!!! But I cant forget even though I have big babies, I have to thank the Lord they are healthy ones...
Sounds like Kadee's situation was alot like mine with Savannah. The Dr.'s called an emergency c-section with her because she was showing distress signs everytime I would have a contraction. When they got Savannah out 40 min's later, they found that the cord was wrapped around her neck twice. Had I tried to have her vaginally, Savannah would have came out brain dead or not alive at all. I am so thankful for Dr.'s that know what they are doing and take the time to give you the best care they can. Im glad Dr. Nance is one of those dr.'s!!! Tell Kadee and Blake CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Congrats, she is a beauty!
Post a Comment