A Sonnet for My Incomparable Mother
*
I often contemplate my childhood, Mom.
I am a mother now, and so I know
Hard work is mixed together with the fun;
You learned that when you raised me long ago.
*I think of all the things you gave to me:
Sacrifice, devotion, love and tears,
Your heart, your mind, your energy and soul--
All these you spent on me throughout the years.
*
You loved me with a never-failing love
You gave me strength and sweet security,
And then you did the hardest thing of all:
You let me separate and set me free.
*
Every day, I try my best to be
A mother like the mom you were to me.
By Joanna Fuchs (Hey, Joanna!)
***
My mom is the best in the world. Truly. I know lots of people say this about their moms, but when I say it- it's true...
***
She was so great to us growing up, she gave us everything we would ever ask for. We were the "lucky" kids who had all the "cool" things because if it was cool, we wanted it, and my parents always delivered. Even when maybe they shouldn't have spent the money on it, and payed a bill instead- it didn't matter because their kids came first.
***
As a mother now, I find myself doing the same things that my mom did when I was a kid. The traditions, the gifts, the songs, the everythings.
***
Now my mom is a fantastic mom, but even better than that- she is an incredible grandma. My kids love her SO much. They have such an amazing relationship with her. Kya & my mom are for real... best friends. Ask Kya, she'll tell you ;) Gramma Jo spoils the crap out of her grand kids. She loves them all so much... I couldn't ask for a better gramma for my kids than my momma is...
***
So HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mom!
We all love you so so so much!
Hope your 49th birthday is a remarkable one :)
----@
*
I often contemplate my childhood, Mom.
I am a mother now, and so I know
Hard work is mixed together with the fun;
You learned that when you raised me long ago.
*I think of all the things you gave to me:
Sacrifice, devotion, love and tears,
Your heart, your mind, your energy and soul--
All these you spent on me throughout the years.
*
You loved me with a never-failing love
You gave me strength and sweet security,
And then you did the hardest thing of all:
You let me separate and set me free.
*
Every day, I try my best to be
A mother like the mom you were to me.
By Joanna Fuchs (Hey, Joanna!)
***
My mom is the best in the world. Truly. I know lots of people say this about their moms, but when I say it- it's true...
***
She was so great to us growing up, she gave us everything we would ever ask for. We were the "lucky" kids who had all the "cool" things because if it was cool, we wanted it, and my parents always delivered. Even when maybe they shouldn't have spent the money on it, and payed a bill instead- it didn't matter because their kids came first.
***
As a mother now, I find myself doing the same things that my mom did when I was a kid. The traditions, the gifts, the songs, the everythings.
***
Now my mom is a fantastic mom, but even better than that- she is an incredible grandma. My kids love her SO much. They have such an amazing relationship with her. Kya & my mom are for real... best friends. Ask Kya, she'll tell you ;) Gramma Jo spoils the crap out of her grand kids. She loves them all so much... I couldn't ask for a better gramma for my kids than my momma is...
***
So HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mom!
We all love you so so so much!
Hope your 49th birthday is a remarkable one :)
----@
Love,
Kara, Shawn, Kya, & Ryver


3 comments:
Happy 21st B-day, aunt Jo! Kara has it wrong, doesn't she? Hope you have a good one!
Love,
Chris & Family
Yes Chris! Kara was wayyyyy off! Thanks for setting the record straight!! LOL!
This little tribute MADE my birthday REMARKABLE! Just hearing this is the BEST GIFT I could receive. Thank you for that Kara because I often wonder how my kids view me and it's nice to know that maybe, just maybe I did something right. Thank you for making me feel special on my birthday! I love you too! ALL OF YOU!
Oh man I don't think I've ever forgotten your birthday but I sure did this year! I remembered once it got to mine and I thought, "Crap I didn't wish JoAnna a happy birthday". Then I reminded Kent and I don't know if he has called you still.... :o(
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY FROM TENNESSEE!
Post a Comment