Monday, March 9, 2009

911 What's Your Emergency?

Last night I was folding clothes and this was Kya and my conversation.....

Kya: Gramma, does 911 work on Sunday? I don't think they work on Sunday.
Gramma: Yes, they do work on Sunday Kya.
Kya: Ohhhhh.
Then the phone rings.
JoAnna: "Hello?"
Person Calling: "Hello this is 911 Operator calling, do you have an emergency at your residence?"
JoAnna: "Noooo?"
911 Operator: "Well we had a hang up call from this number and we are calling to make sure everyone is ok, and there is no emergency."
JoAnna: (as I'm looking at Kya, and she is looking back at me with her big eyes)...."hold on a minute. Kya, did you call 911?"
Kya: "Yes, but I hung up."
JoAnna: "I'm sorry I have my 5 year old granddaughter here, and she said she called. I am soo sorry, we will have a little talk!" (I wanted to say, no emergency but there will be in a minute!)
911 Operator: "Ok, can i verify this is the Hall residence? Address......" (you get the rest)
JoAnna: "Yes. I am so sorry."
911 Operator: "Ok, have a good night."

Click.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

who's kid is that?!

Elaine/Kent said...

That is too funny! Hey at least she knows how to call if there was an emergency right? Cute!

Gayle said...

OK That is funny. But you know how it is, it is always funny when it happens to someone else.

Adrie said...

What a cute little stink. One year on the 4th of July a firework came onto the grass and started a little fire but it was out in 10 seconds anyways little Paizley ran in and called 911 telling them there was a fire on the grass and they needed to come and put it out. Luckily they asked to speak to her mom. haha! I love little kids!!!

Sarah Blackhurst said...

Welcome Home kiddo's!!! Gotta love having them back!!! :) PS Kara, keep your kids under control, mine are angels! ;)

Mike and Tycie said...

LOL That is so stinkin cute! I love Kya... She is such a bright little girl with such an innocense! You know you cant help but laugh at this!!! lol