Monday, August 18, 2008

Happy Anniversay To Us!!


Randy and I met on June 20, 1980 crusing Center Street in Provo. I was not attracted to him at all, ok...maybe I flirted a little....but I was in a serious relationship and wasn't really looking for anyone! He jumped out in front of my car to stop me so he could go on a little ride in my cool 1976 Chevy Chevette! I was with my friend Jayne Redd and Randy jumped in my car and sat on her lap. All cool as he thought he was, this was his pick up line....
"If I call you up sometime, will you go 4-Wheelin in my truck, or a ride on my Harley, or go on my motorcross bike"? Well I thought he was trying to make me drool over all his toys that he claimed to have, and I didn't answer him. My friend Jayne did, she said "Sure". Randy then replies, "Not you, her." and pointed to me! I thought he was so rude!! I said sure I'll go. I gave him a fake name and a fake phone number. My friend Jayne told him that wasn't the right name or number, so i gave him my real one after a while. Just then his girlfriend pulls up besides us, he looks at her, jumps out of my car, gets in hers and starts making out. As we took one more drag down Center, there he was, still in her car making out and I shout out..."I'm disappointed!" and he yells back "Don't be!" I didn't think any more of it after that and frankly forgot all about him. That was on a Monday. On Wednesday I got a call from him and he was playing the guessing game with me to see if I knew who was calling. I couldn't remember when he asked what I did on Monday night. I was shocked when he said it was the guy I met on Center Street. Well to make a long story short, we made a date for Friday night. We were inseperable from our first date. Two short months later we were married on August 19th!
Hey when it's right, it's right!
We've had our share of ups and downs, but we've had more up's than down's, and I plan to have many more up's!
I love you Randall Frank Hall! Happy Anniversary!
P.S. He really did have all those toys, but was very much in debt!


10 comments:

Christina said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! By the way you spelled Anniversary wrong..lol. I love you guys!

Sarah Blackhurst said...

Congrats! What a great accomplishment to make it that long! I keep thinking it will be great if I can make it to 5!

the larsons said...

HaPpY aNnIvErSaRy!! I don't know if you will even remember me or not.. but I dated Scott back in the day.. (Jessica Porter). I came across your blog somehow and wanted to say hi! It looks like everyone is doing great! Please keep in touch! (Well..that is if you even remember who I am of course! LOL!)

Josh & Kenz said...

Congrats! You two crack me up.

Jason, Natalie & Maicie said...

Well I told you I would leave you a cute comment for that cute story! It made me laugh the first time I heard it, and it made me laugh again. Even though this one was shorter than the first one you told me, I still enjoy a good love story. ha ha. Anyway I hope you guys had a great Anniversary! Such a great couple!

Judy said...

Happy Anniversary, JoAnna and Randy! The best is yet to come!

Adrie said...

Wow that's along time, Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, I can't wait until the day I can say I have been married that long! How are you guys? We miss you!
Love ya,
Sasha

Adrie said...

That is such a cute, funny little story, I just had to read it again. 2 months girl you were crazy, but good for you!

Gayle said...

OK, I know that school has started and it is crazy, but you are now as bad as me about posting. J/K Love the "OLD" pictures of you guys, I would not even dare put any on of Robert and I. Oh the way we were. Did you EVER thing that either one of would have made it this long with these two ?