Thursday, September 4, 2008

Kadee & Blake Buy Their First House


For the last 2 weeks, our lives have been dedicated to helping Blake and Kadee strip wallpaper, tear down more mirrors than we have ever seen in a single home, primer and paint walls, sand and refinish kitchen cupboards, repaint a dinet set, shampoo carpets and move them into this house. It's a charming home, built in 1979 that sits on an acre. Blake just has to walk out his back door to the end of his back yard and he's to work!! His family orchard business is directly behind him. Every day for 2 weeks I worked 8 hrs at the high school, go home change my clothes and head for their house and pick up a paint brush or whatever for the next 6 hours. Can I tell you that I have felt my "near 50 age"! It's almost been a week since we finished and I'm still trying to "recover"! I'm impressed by the support they received from family to help them get into their home. Both sides of the family put in many many hours to make this house a home!

I hope this is the one and only time we have to move these two, I'm not sure my back can sustain another move!


3 comments:

Josh & Kenz said...

How cute! You guys did an awesome job! Do you need me to bring you over dinner for the next couple of days so you can recover?

Brooke said...

It looks great!!! I am proud of Kadee and everything that she is doing!!

Judy said...

I am so totally impressed with what was done to the house. Who's the designer? Good for you, Kadee and Blake!